tactics tethers hoopla revelry


HOOPDANCE in guelph

DANCE PLAY SPIN SWEAT BE

****CLASS CANCELLED AND CLASSES OVER TILL SUMMER!!!****

Today's class (MONDAY JULY 5th) is cancelled due to heat and classes will not be resuming until the fall (September)...please check back for jam-dates and fall schedules...cheers!!!

Currently I am running one class a week at
St. George's Church, 99 Woolwhich Street, Downtown Guelph
on MONDAY evenings.

NEW HOOPING TIME: 7-9PM!!!

***I've changed the time, though on the flyers and posters it still says 6pm, I will be arriving at the church around 6:45pm and you are welcome to come and warm up or hang out at that time. There seems to be little interest in arriving anytime before that, so I've bumped up the schedule.

Please come around the back doors and knock or ring the bell if they are locked. Some kind soul will let you in!

The class consists of two parts; an open studio jam session and a more structured class. The structured class takes place between 7-8pm. You are welcome anytime after 6:45pm to play and warm up, then stay for the class, and then dance some more (till 9pm)!

JUNE Session includes Monday evenings of June 14, 21, 28 and July 5th. You can drop in to a class anytime for 12$ for any part of the evening, or pre-pay for a whole
4 week session for 40$.
I am now offering a parent/kid deal of 60$ for the 4 weeks for the duo! Come out and spend quality family time having fun!

******this is the LAST SESSION OF THE SUMMER**** I will be organizing a few jam sessions at parks - check here for dates and times in July and August, then regular class resumes in September. I'll post the dates for that as soon as the June Session ends. Thanks!!!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting Ready for spring and making new HOOPS

eeee! The birds are singing, the air is warming! Spring is in the air!

I have been thoroughly enjoying winter, but after a good no-sleeved hoop outside this weekend, I think I have my first bout of spring fever! The warm sun, the bare arms, and soon, the bare feet in the mud.

That's one of the things I LOVE so much about hooping - you can exercise bare-footed! You don't need fancy clothes, you don't need fancy shoes, just your courage and a HOOP.
Really, you don't even need a hoop. You could just dance around the house and yard without a hoop - it really is fun, too, but the Hoop definitely lends you a little sense of purpose and I find keeps me going for longer. It would be rare for me to dance about by myself for 3 hours in the front yard - but HOOP? No Problem!

I am getting ready for the March session coming up. I found the last little bit of hockey tape in my house and am bringing it tonight to add some friction to some of the slippy hoops. I am going to make a new batch of hoops this week, too, so if you think you might like one, drop me a line and let me know which colours you would prefer! I am going to be using all cotton (hockey) tape on most of my hoops from now on, until I order some non-vinyl tape online or else get a specific request from someone.
This tape tends to get scratched up a little more easily, but in return it offers grip and less stinkiness, when new. The hockey tape can feel a little bit rough on your skin when it in it's infancy, but I have found that it softens up quite a bit over time. I recommend keeping these hoops inside or out of direct sunlight, though, if you don't want the colours to fade. I leave all my hoops outside in chaotic piles in the summer, and the bright cheerful colours of the hockey tape have definitely faded over time. I will be keeping my new friends indoors.

I have been very very very insanely busy (for me) lately and this week is a crazy one too, but I hope to get flyers and posters out this week or next. Please pass the word about Hoopdance classes, and help to save me from becoming a scullery maid! ;)

In the words of two wise tv personalities from my tween years, KEEP FIT and HAVE FUN.
cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment